Newton-Wellesley Hospital (NWH), Wellesley, Massachusetts
Low Voltage Cabling Construction Documents and Request for Proposal for Patient Pod
Project Completed June 2009
The scope of the project was to provide a cost-effective design documentation for a new Patient Pod, referred to as 6R.
Created a detailed set of LV-Series drawings from the provided E-Series drawings for the first of the Patient Room Addition projects.
Provided programming details for low voltage outlet requirements at user group meetings.
Produced detailed room layouts on part plan drawings: included cabinet (or rack) locations, low voltage cabling pathway design, and electrical outlet locations.
- Facilitated decision-making driven meetings with NWH Information Technology team: reviewed and revised the drawings and specifications until accepted.
- Enabled coordination with the architect and MEP engineers for the HVAC requirements, the locations of telecommunications outlets, cabling pathways and the location details for all Telecom Rooms include in this project.
- Organized and attended Construction Administration visits.
- Published RFP to the GC for bid to qualified contractors.
- Evaluated and recommended best qualified contractor to NWH.
- Reviewed and supplied detailed documentation on progress of all construction phases.
- Produced site visit reports to NWH from Construction Administration visits.